What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is usually viewed as a male hormone, however it is important to realize that it is present and important to both men and women. It is commonly known as the hormone of virility, stimulating love and sexual desires.
As with many other hormones, the amounts of testosterone in the human body decreases gradually from age 30 onwards.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency:
- Fatigue day and night
- Loss of self-confidence, tendency toward depression and anxiety
- Upset sleep
- Hot flashes and excessive sweating
- Dry eyes
- Flabby cheek muscles
- Tiny wrinkles around eyes and mouth
- Loose stomach and fatty hips
- Low sexual drive
Andropause= “Male Menopause”-Low Testosterone
- Hormones do not decline because we age. We age because hormones decline.
- As we age hormones go into a deficiency state.
- Why not replace Testosterone to youthful level?
Low Testosterone Side Effects: (levels around 300)
- Heart Disease
- Drive lost (vigor and sexual)
- Increased cancer rates (Prostate)
- Stiffness/ Pain
- Decreased effectiveness of workouts
- Low libido
- Frailty in older men
- Abdominal fat
Low Testosterone & Cardiovascular Risk
- Metabolic syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- Vascular stiffness
High Testosterone: (levels around 1000)
- Lower mortality
- Heart health
- Cancer rates drop
(TRT) Testosterone Replacement Therapy (can take up to 6 months to see improvements):
- Libido always increased
- Nitric Oxide receptors up regulated
- Improvement in erectile function
- Memory & Cognitive function improves
- Mood improves
- Prevents Alzheimers
- Cerebral blood flow improves
- Angina reduced
- Decreased inflammation
- Exercise Tolerance improves
- Helps BP (Blood Pressure)
Consult your doctor about the benefits of increasing your testosterone levels through Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT).
Once a prescription is written, Allz Well Pharmacy can help you get the medication covered by insurance, either directly or through reimbursement.
Bioidentical hormones are prepared daily in our laboratory and can be shipped the same day, ensuring that you begin your treatment at your earliest convenience.
Adverse reactions to Bioidentical hormones may be related to dose or composition of the prescription. Patients should consult their Physician or Pharmacist if they experience any of these symptoms or have any questions.
Other Pages of Interest :