Progesterone is the hormone most dominate throughout pregnancy and is responsible for regulating the menstrual cycle.  During pregnancy, progesterone is known to be calming and has been called “the serenity hormone” and can bring a sense of peace to an expecting mother. Progesterone prevents PMS by balancing the estrogen levels that cause common symptoms.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Progesterone Deficiency:
- Painful, swollen breasts before period
- Anxiety, aggression, irritability before period
- Painful headaches before menstruation
- Painful periods with hard and swollen belly and back
- Face, hands and feet swollen before period
- Obesity in the lower half of body with a ballooning stomach
- Cysts in breasts or ovarian cysts as well as uterine fibroids
Consult your practitioner about the benefits of increasing your progesterone levels through bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
Once a prescription is written, Allz Well Pharmacy can help you get the medication covered by insurance, either directly or through reimbursement. Bioidentical hormones are prepared daily in our laboratory and can be shipped the same day, ensuring that you begin your treatment at your earliest convenience.
Adverse reactions to Bioidentical hormones may be related to dose or composition of the prescription. Patients should consult their practitioner or pharmacist if they experience any of these symptoms or have any questions.