Get Your Flu Shot Today!
No cost with most insurance!
No Appointments Needed!
No Prescription Required!
Can’t come to us? No worries - we will come to you, your church or your work place! Just give us a call!
Frequently Asked Questions about Flu shots
Flu Shots use inactivated (not live) viruses and are designed to provoke the immune system to attack antigens found on the surface of the virus. (Antigens are foreign molecules that the immune system specifically recognizes as alien and targets for attack).
No, you do not need a prescription and you do not have to make an appointment. Just walk in!
Yes! We're happy to send your doctor a copy of your immunization record upon request.
Yes. Allz Well Pharmacy accepts all insurance plans. Getting a flu shot is considered preventive care hence almost all insurances cover flu shots with a $0 copay.
The vaccine takes approximately two weeks to protect against prevalent flu strains.
Everyone aged 6 months and over should get a flu vaccine; the only exception is for those who are allergic to the vaccine.
- People who are 50 or more years of age
- People who are 6 to 49 months of age
- People who have chronic lung disease, including asthma and COPD, or heart disease
- People who are 18 years old or younger AND taking long-term aspirin therapy
- People who have sickle cell anemia or other hemoglobin-related disorders
- People who have kidney disease, anemia, diabetes, or chronic liver disease
- People who have a weakened immune system (including those with cancer or HIV/AIDS)
- People who receive long-term treatment with steroids for any condition
- Women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during the flu season. Women who are pregnant should receive only the inactivated flu vaccine. (Vaccinations should usually be given after the first trimester. Exceptions may be women who are in their first trimester during flu season, because their risk from complications of the flu is higher than any theoretical risk to the baby from the vaccine.)
CDC states, the flu vaccine does not provide protection against non-flu viruses that can cause colds and other respiratory illnesses.
No, the CDC recommends receiving a flu shot as soon as vaccine is available to ensure you are protected.
Yes. A flu vaccine is needed every season because flu viruses are constantly changing. It's not unusual for new flu viruses to appear each season. The flu vaccine is formulated each season to keep up with the flu viruses as they change.
Also, multiple studies conducted over different seasons have shown that the body's immunity to influenza viruses (acquired either through natural infection or vaccination) declines over time. Getting vaccinated each season provides the best protection against influenza throughout flu season.
Fluzone High-Dose vaccine is the only influenza vaccine designed specifically for patients 65 years of age and older.
By improving the production of antibodies in older patients, it may help provide a stronger immune response to influenza than traditional vaccines. This is critical for older patients who are at greater risk of flu-related complications.
All pharmacistsat Allz Well pharmacygoes through an extensive training program to be able to provide immunization services.
All pharmacists are certified immunizers from the Florida Board of Pharmacy. All pharmacists are also CPR and AED certified by the American Heart Association. All pharmacists also undergo annual OSHA training.
Allz Well Pharmacy provides Influenza, Pneumonia and Shingles vaccination as approved by Florida Board of Pharmacy.
Yes, Allz Well Pharmacy is approved by Florida Board of Pharmacy to conduct outdoor flu clinics. Allz Well pharmacy frequently conducts outdoor flu clinics in churches, medical offices and other employers.
Yes, just give us a call and we can walk you through the easy process and paper work to conduct a flu clinic at your church or work place.
For more information please visit the following link and type flu shots in the search: